- About Port Colborne
- Getting Here
- Leisure & Attractions
- Roselawn Centre
- Shopping & Dining
- Sugarloaf Marina
- Things to do...
- Travel Guides and Brochures
- Contact Us
On Friday, June 26, 2020 the Port Colborne Farmers’ Market will reopen in Market Square, located in downtown Port Colborne. The market will be open every Friday from 6 a.m. – 1 p.m. until Thanksgiving.
Since the Market’s closure due to COVID-19 significant consultation between City staff and Niagara Region Public Health has taken place to ensure best practices and safety measures are implemented for vendors and customers.
The Market will open with the following Public Health recommendations and guidelines:
· There will be a reduced number of vendors (twenty) to allow for physical distancing and will be spaced six feet apart;
· Only essential items will be sold. Food businesses and agriculture businesses are considered essential workplaces under the Provincial Order;
· No food preparation or cooking will take place on-site. Food will be handled by the vendor only;
· All items sold are to be consumed off-site;
· Controlled access to permit limited numbers to enter;
· Customers may use reusable shopping bags for their purchases, as long as they are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner, and are handled by the customer only;
· Hand wash and/or sanitation stations will be located throughout the market and at the entrance and exit points;
· Vendors are required to perform a self-assessment on the day of the market; and
· Since City Hall remains closed to the public, those requiring access to washroom facilities can use the Harbourmaster building located on West Street.
The Market will have one entry point and a separate exit point off Charlotte Street. The flow of attendees will be controlled to ensure proper physical distancing and attendees must keep at least two metres (six feet) apart at all times.
For more information about recreation and park amenities open and/or closed in Port Colborne amid COVID-19, visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/covid-19/RecreationandParks.
For more information about COVID-19 and City updates, visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/covid-19.
The Niagara Region has long been known for the quality of its tender fruits and vegetables. What better way to enjoy this freshness than through a visit to Port Colborne's weekly Farmers' Market?
Over 60 vendors from throughout the Niagara Region present their fresh produce, meats, baked goods and a colourful variety of flowers and bedding plants. It is truly a delight for all your senses!
The Market Square is located directly in front of City Hall, 66 Charlotte Street, every Friday morning.
There is free 2 hour time limit parking on downtown streets.
In addition to fresh produce, meats, baked goods, flowers and plants, we welcome area crafters.
Open All Year Round
The Farmers' Market will re-open Friday, June 26, 2020.
For City updates regarding COVID-19, click here.
to Victoria Day (May)
|7 a.m.||1 p.m.|
Victoria Day (May)
to Thanksgiving (October)
|6 a.m.||1 p.m.|
For more information, please contact:
City of Port Colborne
66 Charlotte Street
Port Colborne, ON L3K 3C8
Tel: 905-835-2900, Ext 124
Email the Market Clerk