ELECTION QUESTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
Please contact the City Clerk's Division with questions, comments and concerns regarding the Municipal Election.
Telephone: 905-835-2901 ext. 109
If you are an eligible elector but not able to attend the advance voting days or your voting location on Voting Day, you may appoint another person to vote on your behalf.
Who is eligible to be a voting proxy:
- A voting proxy must be eligible to vote in the 2018 municipal election in Port Colborne.
- A voting proxy should also be someone you trust to follow your instructions.
- You and your proxy must complete two (2) copies of the Appointment of Voting Proxy application form. Both forms must have original signatures. Forms are also available in the Office of the City Clerk, located at 66 Charlotte Street, Port Colborne.
- Proxies on the prescribed form can be issued from July 30, 2018 until the close of voting on Voting Day, Monday, October 22, 2018.
- The Office of the City Clerk will review and certify voting proxy forms.
- Once certified, a voting proxy may cast a ballot on behalf of the person who appointed them at an advance voting location or at the designated voting location of the elector on Voting Day (link).
- Voting proxies must bring the voting proxy certificate to the polls in order to vote.